In this week’s Bury Be Kind Blog, we’re looking at Acts of kindness and how they can be good for others and ourselves.
Doing something kind for someone else can make someone’s day as well as improving your own mental health. Research shows that it can reduce stress, improve your emotional well-being, and even benefit your physical health.
An act of kindness doesn’t have to cost a lot of time or money, so we’ve put together a list of things you can do today to help Bury Be Kind.
Back to news
- Compliment 2 people you interact with today.
- Donate items that you don’t need anymore.
- Send a positive text message to five different people you know.
- Send a gratitude email to a coworker who deserves more recognition.
- Surprise someone with a freshly baked treat. Why not try making these cheap and easy peanut butter cookies?
- Write a friend or family member a list of things you love about them.
- Volunteer in your community. You can find out more about volunteering by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Walk a neighbour’s dog.
- Make a family member breakfast in bed.
- Offer your seat to someone else on public transport.