Discretionary payments are available to provide extra financial help towards your rent and council tax.

To qualify:

You need to be receiving housing benefit and /or council tax support. The amount of your housing benefit or council tax support is less than the amount of rent or council tax you are charged.  Discretionary payments can be used to make up some or the entire shortfall.

For further information and to download an application form click herewww.bury.gov.uk/discretionarypayments

For help and support in completing the application form contact our Rent Team on 0161 686 8000

  Back to news