From October 3rd 2016, it will be possible to pay rent to Six Town Housing using your phone’s keypad, following feedback from their tenant led Customer Review Group (CRG). Tenants can also still pay their rent online here.

Six Town Housing’s automated telephone line is being updated after the CRG asked if it could be easier and quicker for tenants to access the services they need.

The CRG also provided feedback that some tenants do not realise when they call Six Town Housing that the following services are delivered by Bury Council; Housing Applications, Pest Control, Council Tax and Bin Collections. The automated phone line will be updated to make this clearer and offerring the ability for the caller to be directed straight through to the right Council department without hanging up.

Helena Donegan, tenant and CRG Chair, said:

“Our tenant group is currently reviewing the ways Six Town Housing communicate with customers, and how customers are able to communicate back. We think that having the option to pay quickly over the phone offers an easier, quicker option for tenants wanting to pay their rent. The new option of being put through to relevant Council services also saves the inconvenience of having to hang up and call a different number.”

“Tenants wanting to access services quickly can also do so online through Six Town Housing’s website, which offers ways to pay rent, report repairs and more. There is also the option to set up a Direct Debit or Standing Order."

When you call Six Town Housing, you will now be presented with 5 options, which you can access by selecting the relevant number on your phone’s key pad. Just listen out for the audio prompts when you call.

Option 1 – Rent Enquiries

● Pay your rent using our automated payment line (please have your payment card and customer reference number ready).

● Speak to a Rent Advisor

● Speak to someone about a Housing Benefit enquiry

Option 2 – Council Service Enquiries

● Speak to Bury Council about Housing Applications

● Speak to Bury Council about Pest Control

● Speak to Bury Council about Council Tax

● Speak to Bury Council about Bin Collections

Option 3 – Gas Central Enquires

● Speak to staff at Six Town Housing’s Gas Contractor SURE Group.

Option 4 – Repairs

● Report a Repair to a member of staff

Option 5 – Other enquiries

● Speak to a member of staff about any other enquiry

  Back to news