We’re here to help you:

Six Town Housing are committed to delivering the best possible service at all times but if things have gone wrong you can help us to learn from this and put things right. We will not investigate a complaint where either party has started legal action such as enforcement action as the issues will be resolved by a court.

Who can complain?

Any customer of Six Town Housing including leaseholders. Anyone may complain on behalf of customers with written and signed permission to discuss by the customer being represented.

What is a complaint?

A complaint would be in response to a service provided by Six Town Housing that a customer is disatisfied with. This could be about an unacceptable delay, the quality of the service provided or about a member of staff.

Things that can be considered to be a complaint:

  • Failure or unacceptable delays to follow a policy or procedure.
  • Failure or unacceptable delays to provide a service that we are required to provide.
  • Failure or unacceptable delays to provide a service to a standard that could reasonably be expected.
  • Failing or unacceptable delays to provide services within published timescales. 
  • A report about staff who are rude or do not treat you or your home with respect.

What is not a complaint?

Things that cannot be considered as a complaint:

  • A request for a service that has not previously been reported to us.
  • New reports of anti-social behaviour (ASB). See our ASB deal for more information.
  • A report about services that we do not provide or are provided by other agencies.
  • Insurance and personal injury claims.
  • Legal challenges or cases (except in any legal challenge/case where Six Town Housing consider that it is appropriate to use our complaint’s procedure).  

If you have received a service within the past six months that you are not satisfied with please contact us. You can do this by letting us know or via someone acting on your behalf.

Telling us about your complaint

When reporting your complaint:

1. Please tell us what the problem is and what action you think should be taken to resolve it?

2. Please let us know if you need any assistance to raise your issues.

3. Please let us know if you have any vulnerabilities that you wish us to consider as part of this complaint.

We will always ensure that reasonable adjustments are made to help customers access and use our services. If you have trouble making a complaint or want this information in another language or format (such as large font or Braille) please contact us.

When you first let us know there has been a problem we will try our best to resolve it informally by contacting you and discussing your issues within 1 working day.

If we are not able to do this to your satisfaction you can tell us you want to formally complain.

Complaints can be made by yourself or another tenant or group of tenants you nominate and give authority to act on your behalf to make the complaint.

Please include your name, address, email and contact number and tell us what the problem is and what action do you think should be taken to resolve it? You can contact us by:

  • Completing our online form
  • Email us via enquiries@sixtownhousing.org
  • Call us on 0161 686 8000
  • Text COMPLAINT to 07797 800730 and we will ring or text you back
  • Send a private message via Facebook Messenger at www.facebook.com/sixtownhousing
  • Write to us at; Six Town Housing, 6 Knowsley Place, Angouleme Way, Bury BL9 0EL.
  • Download our self-serve app at your Apple or Google Play Store and select "Make a Complaint."

What happens next:

Stage 1:

We will log and acknowledge your complaint within five working days of receiving it. We will write to you and tell you which Business Manager is dealing with it and when you can expect a response. As part of the process the Business Manager will discuss your complaint with you.

We will look into your complaint and respond to you within ten working days from when we received it. If, for any reason, we are not going to be able to respond within this time frame we will write to you and let you know and the reason why.

If you have made us aware of reasonable adjustments that you require to support you to complaint we will put that in place and reply in a way that suits your needs.

Stage 2:

Hopefully we will be able to sort things out for you but if we can’t, or you are still not happy with our response you can complete our Stage 2 escalation form and send it to Sharon McCambridge, our Chief Executive.  She will take a fresh look at your complaint and will respond to you within ten working days. If, for any reason, we are not going to be able to respond within this time frame we will write to you and let you know and the reason why.

Six Town Housing will take account of any reasonable adjustments that you require.

I’m still not happy, what do I do?

An Independent Tenant Complaint Panel will offer you the opportunity to work with you to look at the complaint between yourself and Six Town Housing. This will be set out in the final response to you and the Tenant Complaint Panel, if accessed will take account of any reasonable adjustments that you require.

Your complaint cannot be resolved

Very occasionally we may not be able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction either through our process or with the support of Six Town Housing’s Tenants Complaints Panel. You have the option to take your complaint to The Housing Ombudsman Service 8 weeks after the date of Stage 2 complaint response. They will usually expect you to have told us about your complaint and have given us a chance to put things right. The Housing Ombudsman Service can be contacted in the following ways:

Housing Ombudsman Service, PO Box 152, Liverpool L33 7WQ, Tel: 0300 111 3000, Fax: 020 7831 1942, info@housing-ombudsman.org.uk  www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk

The Housing Ombudsman revised their Complaints Code in 2022 and asked all Landlords to complete a self-assessment against the new code. View our assessment here.

As a result of this self assessment we have also created a Reasonable Adjustments Policy which describes how we are committed to ensuring that disabled residents are not disadvantaged in accessing our services.