It is important that when ending your tenancy, you remember to follow these steps below; otherwise you may find it difficult to get another home with Six Town Housing in the future.
- Your tenancy must end on a Monday. You must tell us you are leaving at least four weeks before your tenancy is due to end.
- Once you have given us notice that you want to end your tenancy, your Housing Advisor will contact you to arrange a home visit.
- You must return the keys no later than 12 noon on the Monday of your tenancy-end date. If you return them later than this, we will charge you rent on the property until they are handed in (minimum one week's rent).
- You must not leave owing any rent - unless you have made an agreement with us to pay off your arrears.
- When you move out of your home you must leave the property, and any fixtures and furnishings, the same condition as when you first moved in.
- Don't leave any of your belongings behind - we will have to dispose of them, which could result in the cost being recharged to yourself.
- Don't leave anybody else living in your home when you move out. You cannot pass on your tenancy to anyone else.
- If you are joint tenants, either tenant can end the tenancy by giving us four weeks' notice. We do not legally have to allow the other joint tenant(s) to stay in the home - it depends on your circumstances and whether the property could be more suitable for another type of household (such as a family). Please speak to us before you give notice if just one of you wants to leave.
If you want to end your tenancy please fill in our termination of tenancy online form.