From 1 February 2024, Bury Council is responsible for managing and maintaining all council homes previously supported by Six Town Housing.
Please use this website and other contact points as usual. Further information is also available on the council’s website.
Find out more here: Six Town Housing Update

Let’s protect what makes your place a home!

We have teamed up with Royal & Sun Alliance insurance company to provide low-cost contents insurance specifically for Karbon Homes residents.

You have a home full of things that you need and love – clothes, TV, kitchen appliances, keepsakes, furniture, and gadgets. Surely, if stuff’s worth owning, then it’s worth protecting.

As your landlord, we insure the building and anything we provide, but we don’t cover your home’s contents and belongings. Ask yourself, would you need help with the cost of putting things right after a kitchen fire, a washing machine flood, or a break-in? It could get pretty pricey. But don’t worry – tenant contents insurance financially protects your home’s contents. 

A thumb-up from us

It’s good to know you're choosing contents insurance that’s been given our thumbs-up.  We’ve worked with our insurance provider, RSA, to make sure the cover, price, and service could be suited to your needs.  Over 25,000 tenants just like you have chosen them for their tenant contents insurance*.

What you need to know about RSA’s tenant contents insurance

  • Tenant contents insurance financially protects the contents in your home, garage, and shed.
  • Cover includes improvements you make to your home, such as new laminate flooring or a fitted kitchen.
  • Prices start from as little as 45p per week, £1.39 per month, or £16.84 a year** for contents insurance.
  • You can pay, weekly, fortnightly, monthly or annually – whatever suits you best.
  • No nasty surprises – no excess on claims and no fees for changing your details or cancelling your policy.
  • You don’t have to have special doors or window locks – as long as your external doors lock, it's fine.
  • You can upgrade your cover to protect your homes contents against accidental damage.
  • You have the option to protect your belongings whilst away from home, and if you have them, you can also cover your bicycles, hearing aids, and wheelchair/mobility scooter(s) whilst away from your home.
  • More than 25,000 tenants have already chosen RSA’s tenant contents insurance*, so they understand what you need from them.

RSA will be there for you, if you ever need to make a claim and will put things right as quickly as they can.

In the last three years, RSA has paid more than 3,700 claims with a value of £2.5Million ***.

Ready to find out more?

If tenant contents insurance sounds like a good idea, you can find out more and apply today.

Submitting a claim

We know that submitting a claim for home contents insurance can be very stressful.

To help the process you can now access an online claims portal provided by the insurer. You can use the portal to submit a claim and track its process – all in one place.

You can find the claims portal here.

* Number of customers with an active tenant contents insurance policy – April 2023.

**Prices shown are for £4,000 of contents insurance cover, based on postcode area, and include a transaction fee. They exclude accidental damage and optional covers. The price you pay will depend on your individual circumstances, postcode and cover chosen. RSA price data June 2023.

***  RSA claims data January 2020 – December 2022.