Neighbourhoods Direct are Six Town Housing's community maintenance team, working in the neighbourhoods we manage across Bury. They provide the role of a caretaking service and more, with an aim to help Six Town Housing tenants enjoy a better quality of life by:
● Maintaining the appearance of the neighbourhoods and housing land through cyclical programmes and identifying and dealing with any environmental issues and reporting to the relevant agencies where appropriate
● Clearance of communal entrances and stairways in line with fire safety regulations and fitting of smoke alarms. View our Communal Cleaning Dates for 2022 here.
● Garden work for vulnerable, infirm and elderly tenants
● Pruning, strimming and weed killing
● Moss removal from walkways in neighbourhoods and Sheltered Housing
● Removal and investigation of fly tipping, removal of rubbish and litter picking
● Graffiti removal
● Fence repairs. You can view our fencing guidance here.
● Gritting around Sheltered Housing and for infirm and aged tenants.
● Collection and disposal of discarded needles
● Assistance with home maintenance and removals for vulnerable, infirm and elderly tenants
● Cleaning PVC on communal blocks
● Attending clean up days
For full details on what the Neighbourhoods Direct team do and the standards they work to, please see our caretaking service standards.