From 1 February 2024, Bury Council is responsible for managing and maintaining all council homes previously supported by Six Town Housing.
Please use this website and other contact points as usual. Further information is also available on the council’s website.
Find out more here: Six Town Housing Update
Neighbourhoods Direct are Six Town Housing's community maintenance team, working in the neighbourhoods we manage across Bury. They provide the role of a caretaking service and more, with an aim to help Six Town Housing tenants enjoy a better quality of life by:
● Maintaining the appearance of the neighbourhoods and housing land through cyclical programmes and identifying and dealing with any environmental issues and reporting to the relevant agencies where appropriate
● Clearance of communal entrances and stairways in line with fire safety regulations and fitting of smoke alarms.
● Garden work for vulnerable, infirm and elderly tenants
● Pruning, strimming and weed killing
● Moss removal from walkways in neighbourhoods and Sheltered Housing
● Removal and investigation of fly tipping, removal of rubbish and litter picking
● Graffiti removal
● Fence repairs. You can view our fencing guidance here.
● Gritting around Sheltered Housing and for infirm and aged tenants.
● Collection and disposal of discarded needles
● Assistance with home maintenance and removals for vulnerable, infirm and elderly tenants
● Cleaning PVC on communal blocks
● Attending clean up days
Please view our Draft Environmental Policy which is currently under consultation.
For full details on what the Neighbourhoods Direct team do and the standards they work to, please see our Neighbourhood's Direct Offer.