We can provide information and services in lots of different ways to help our customers access our services quickly and easily. This includes customers who have reduced or no vision, those with reduced or no hearing and people who do not speak English as their first language.
● Translating information we publish or send to customers
● Providing an interpreter so that customers can speak to us in their own language
● Producing documents in large print, Braille, disc or on audio tape
● Using plain language in all our letters and leaflets so they are easy to understand
● Home visits
● Helping customers fill in forms and reading out any written information we send them. We will treat these requests sensitively and in confidence
● Providing a signer for customers who have reduced or no hearing. We have a hearing loop system in our reception and also take a portable hearing loop to our customers’ homes when asked to
● Same sex interviews
● Our office has been designed to make it easier for disabled customers and people who have difficulty walking or moving to get around.
● There may be a wait for some of these services - such as translations or documents on tape - but we will always let you know how long.