From 1 February 2024, Bury Council is responsible for managing and maintaining all council homes previously supported by Six Town Housing.
Please use this website and other contact points as usual. Further information is also available on the council’s website.
Find out more here: Six Town Housing Update

Reporting domestic abuse

We are committed to tackling all forms of domestic abuse and take all reports seriously. We will work closely with you to find a solution. Please contact us for help and advice.

Domestic abuse is a breach of the tenancy agreement and we will consider taking action against anyone living in a council or Six Town Housing property found to have committed such an offence.

Bury Council and Six Town Housing offer a number of ways to help tenants and their families who have been subjected to domestic abuse e.g.

• Moving to an alternative tenancy within the Bury area

• Providing extra security to your home and safety plans to help you protect your family

Greater Manchester Police have a specialist department with trained domestic violence officers who can offer legal advice and support. They can be contacted on 0161 856 8064.

Please visit Bury Council’s Domestic Abuse page for more information and resources.